CHAPLET OF ST. MICHAEL
The chaplet is begun by saying the following invocation
V. O God, come to my assistance.
R. O Lord, make haste to help me.
Glory be to the Father, etc.
In honor of the nine choirs of angels pray one Our Fathers, and three Hail Mary's before each of the following nine salutations:
1. By the intercession of St. Michael and the heavenly choir of the Seraphim, may God make us worthy to receive into our hearts the fire of his perfect charity. Amen.
2. By the intercession of St. Michael and the heavenly choir of the Cherubim, may God grant us grace to abandon the ways of sin, and follow the path of Christian perfection. Amen.
3. By the intercession of St. Michael and the sacred choir of the Thrones, may God infuse into our hearts the spirit of true and sincere humility. Amen.
4. By the intercession of St. Michael and the heavenly choir of the Dominations, may God grant us grace to have dominion over our senses, and to correct our depraved passions. Amen.
5. By the intercession of St. Michael and the heavenly choir of the Powers, may God keep our souls from the wiles and temptations of the devil. Amen.
6. By the intercession of St. Michael and the choir of the admirable heavenly Virtues, may God keep us from falling into temptation, and may he deliver us from evil. Amen.
7. By the intercession of St. Michael and the heavenly choir of the Principalities, may God fill our souls with the spirit of true and sincere obedience. Amen.
8. By the intercession of St. Michael and the heavenly choir of Archangels, may God grant us the gift of perseverance in the faith and in all good works, that we may be able to attain the glory of paradise. Amen.
9. By the intercession of St. Michael and the heavenly choir of all the angels, may God grant us their guardianship through this mortal life, and after death a happy entrance into the everlasting glory of heaven. Amen.
Then say the Our Father four times in honor of St. Michael,
St. Gabriel, St. Raphael, and your Guardian Angel.
Let us pray:
Michael, glorious prince, chief and champion of the heavenly host, guardian of the souls of men, conqueror of the rebel angels, favorite of the household of God, under Jesus Christ our worthy leader, endowed with superhuman excellence and virtue, free from every ill all of us who with full confidence have recourse to you; and by your incomparable protection enable us to make progress every day in the faithful service of our God.
V. Pray for us, most blessed Michael, prince of the Church of Jesus Christ.
R. That we may be made worthy of His promises.
Almighty and eternal God, who in your own marvelous goodness and pity, for the common salvation of man, chose the glorious Archangel Michael to be the prince of your Church: make us worthy, we pray you, to be delivered by his beneficent protection from all our enemies, that, at the hour of death, none of them may approach to harm us. Grant us that, by the same Archangel Michael, we may be introduced into the presence of your most high and divine majesty. Through the merits of the same Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Promises of St. Michael
Whosoever would practice this devotion in his honor would have, when approaching the Holy Table, an escort of nine angels chosen from each one of the nine choirs. In addition, for the daily recital of these nine salutations he promised his continual assistance and that of all the holy angels during life, and after death deliverance form purgatory for themselves and their relations.
"Jesus, Mary, I love You, Save Souls"