THE FIFTEEN SECRET TORTURES AND SUFFERINGS OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST
(Revealed to the pious, God-loving Sister Mary Magdalen of the Santa Clara Order, Franciscan, who lived, died and was beatified in Rome.)
Jesus filled the wish of this Sister who desired ardently to know something about the secret sufferings which He endured the night before His death. (This devotion is approved and recommended by His Holiness Clement II, 1730-1740.)
"The Jews considered Me as the most wretched man living on earth so that is why:
(1) They fastened My feet with a rope and dragged Me over the stepping stones of the staircase, down into a filthy, nauseating cellar.
(2) They took off My clothing and stung My body with iron joints.
(3) They attached a rope around My body and pulled Me along on the ground, from end to end.
(4) They hanged Me on a wooden piece with a slipknot until I slipped out and fell down. Overwhelmed by this torture, I wept bloody tears.
(5) They tied Me to a post and pierced My body with various arms.
(6) They struck Me with stones and burnt Me with blazing embers and torches.
(7) They pierced Me with awls: sharp spears tore My skin, flesh and arteries out of My body.
(8) They tied me to a post and made Me stand, barefoot, on an incandescent metal-sheet.
(9) They crowned Me with an Iron crown and wrapped My eyes with the dirtiest possible rags.
(10) They made Me sit on a chair covered with sharp pointed nails, causing deep wounds in My body.
(11) They poured on My wounds liquid lead and resin and, after this torture, they pressed Me on the nailed chair, so that the nails went deeper and deeper into My flesh.
(12) For shame and affliction, they drove needles into the holes of My uprooted beard. Then they tied My hands behind My back and led Me walking out of prison with strikes and blows.
(13) They threw Me upon a cross and attached me so tightly that I could hardly breathe anymore.
(14) They threw at My head as I lay on the earth, and they stepped on Me, hurting My breast. Then taking a thorn from My crown they drove it into My tongue.
(15) They poured into my mouth the most immodest excretions, as they uttered the most infamous expressions about Me.
"Jesus, Mary, I love You, Save Souls"